commymommy

*reformed commymommy*
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2000
Status
Pre-Medical
Please do something in regards to posts by King Lear. This individual has written rather provocative posts in other columns, but I find these posts to be beyond insulting...this user needs to be warned by the SDN or removed.>

Kris

med student

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2001
New York
Visit site
Status
I think removing him would be nice, but is going to stop him from logging on as another user?

vixen

I like members
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2000
upstate ny
Visit site
Status
I don't like when users are removed unless they're extremely _________ (fill in negative word here). Although he hasn't been nice all the time, there are so many others who are also guilty of that. I say we don't try and censure too much.

About the Ads

vixen

I like members
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2000
upstate ny
Visit site
Status
I guess we can agree to disagree. Although those posts you've quoted are useless and distasteful, I've found some of his/her other posts to be amusing or funny. I've definitely seen others on here who are much worse...and although I can't sometimes I can't stand to read what they write, I wouldn't want them to be booted...I still want to hear other people's voices and opinions (even if they are negative etc). There's a couple of people on here who I think are absolutely ridiculous and sometimes can't believe the racist and sexist remarks they post...and although they sometimes make my blood boil, I still want to know that there are people out there like that.

You're right, there is SOME line to draw...and luckily we have moderators and administrators for that...

later :cool:

Henna

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2001
California
Visit site
Status
His remarks were pretty asinine, I agree. But I dont think I'd want him to be banned, sometimes its better to just ignore such posts. when no one reacts to such provoking remarks sometimes ppl give up ( cant bank on that thou ,yeah ). I think his idea was to provoke others & now he has succeeded.

Henna

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2001
California
Visit site
Status
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">this user needs to be warned by the SDN or removed .&gt;

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought by removed you meant banning him .. anyways...I do agree that ppl should put more thought into their posts.

lilycat

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2000
???
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Kris -- can you please give me some specific threads where those quotes appeared? Thanks.

squeek

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2002
Visit site
Status
Hi, lilycat--

Please look at "wondering" and "med school living advice"--two very innocuous and informative conversations for which this particular individual has no constructive response. His posts are not simply stating opinions (as his "opinions" are completely NOT in regard to the posts at hand.) They are designed to be provocative, inflammatory, and extremely rude. I think this will be self-evident if you read the posts.

Thank you!

About the Ads