Aua...saba...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

enna anit 07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to do some research regarding the AUA medical school and have read pretty much everything on their official website. However, there are some things that I was wondering about that would obviously not be explicitly relayed on the website:

1) What is the safety of the island like with respect to the campus,dorms,and performing every day tasks (ie: laundry, grocery shopping, etc.)? Also

2) I recognize that AUA does not require the MCAT, however, is this necessarily looked down upon when comparisons to 2 competing (one from AUA another from say SABA) FMG residency applicants are reviewed? ( assuming both have fairly equivalent experience, grades during MD, and boards scores)

3) What is the teaching style/curriculum like at AUA? ( I have read the Basic science information on the website and know of the course work each semester, but was hoping to gain more insight into this (ie- someone who has taken classes there)

4) Also, anyone who has attended SABA university or has collegues that have attended AUA for a comparison of experiences at the 2 schools?

I am not applying until 2009 (everywhere), [for matriculation in 2010] however, I was hoping that someone with personal experience at AUA, current/alumni of a school in the Carib. might have some insight into the situation would be able to answer the above questions with substantial responses. I greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.