AUA Students Required to take additional Rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leodinho

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was hoping for advice from AUA graduates or students in the clinical years. If things go according to plan I should be starting clinicals in August 2017. With the additional FM1/IM1 rotation and the waiting times between rotations, would it be possible for to apply for the 2019 match? Students in the Florida program, do they experience as much waiting time between rotation?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You're about to cut it really close. You need to be flawless on all your rotation timing (that includes cooperation from your admins) and you have no time for step 2 study.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

From the AUA Clinical Department: "Students who begin July 31, 2017 FM1/IM1 will be on track for 2019 match. However, with an estimated 6 weeks wiggle room, this timeline does not allow for very much interruption to your schedule. AUA clinical coordinators are well-versed in match/graduation deadlines and work with students and hospitals to map out the best schedule for each student. Students are required to be accepted into the FIU Core Clerkship Program. Once accepted, students are assigned all 6 of their cores with no more than 1 week in between each start date."

Members don't see this ad :)
From the AUA Clinical Department: "Students who begin July 31, 2017 FM1/IM1 will be on track for 2019 match. However, with an estimated 6 weeks wiggle room, this timeline does not allow for very much interruption to your schedule. AUA clinical coordinators are well-versed in match/graduation deadlines and work with students and hospitals to map out the best schedule for each student. Students are required to be accepted into the FIU Core Clerkship Program. Once accepted, students are assigned all 6 of their cores with no more than 1 week in between each start date."

I see AUA clinical coordinators are active on this site. How many AUA students that finished basic sciences in 2015 are in clerkships?

Reactions: 1 user