AUA vs AUC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moi123

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I know this have been talked about in the past, but nothing recent. The stats have changed, so did the programs. So, I wanted to start an updated thread for students like me.

The Title is self explanatory, what do you think?

Also would appreciate if you can highlight on the
1. How school helps in USMLE STEP I Preparation?
2. Do they help in getting the student visa for USA?
3. Pros and Cons of the school?
4. Class size, how the new programs are helping students?
5. How is it working under the affiliated hospitals that comes under them, for clinical rotation or residency?
6. Do they help in PLAB too, and what are the chances to go to UK through PLAB and STEP?
8. Do they help for getting rotation in Jamaica?
7. etc. If there is anything you want to share.

Most of the time, website for respective schools are biased, so would like to hear from the students and the alumni too.

Thank you in advance.
Moi

Members don't see this ad.

Stay away from both schools.

In all seriousness, if you want to go Caribbean, go to SGU or don't go Caribbean at all. If you dig deeper into the interweb, you can find horror stories from AUA and AUC and any of those other schools.

Stay away from both schools.

In all seriousness, if you want to go Caribbean, go to SGU or don't go Caribbean at all. If you dig deeper into the interweb, you can find horror stories from AUA and AUC and any of those other schools.

Trust me, when you go to apply for residency, unless you are applying to a hospital that is a direct affiliate of SGU/Ross/whatever, than all the Caribbean schools are considered relatively in the same ballpark.

When you apply for fellowship and subspecialties - they are all considered the same.

Regardless of where you go, make sure the school is accredited by CAAM-HP. 2023 onwards, if your school is not accredited, it'll be tough getting your ECFMG certificate.