Aua?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikey1294

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone visted or been to American Uniersity of Armenia? I was looking at their 6 year program. I talked to them yesterday and from the questions I asked and their answers it sounded pretty good. They also said that I have a good chance at getting in with a 2.5 GPA. But I never been down there and was looking for some advice. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Take a look at www.valuemd.com if you already haven't I think there you should be able ot find out more information. I think most carribean schools are not good for 6 year programs, they are barely decent for 4 year programs. I think SGU might be the only exception. If it sounds pretty good, then they are probably telling you what you want to hear and not the truth.
Just make sure you can find out as much information as possible before attending.

This poster is talking about American University of Armenia, not Antigua.

Members don't see this ad :)
No I'm talking about Antigua thats what it says on my information packet.

mikey1294 said:
No I'm talking about Antigua thats what it says on my information packet.

Then why did you write Armenia in your OP? Anyway...

New school. Run by former Ross exec and full of former Ross professors. A much nicer island than Dominica or Grenada, but still probably cheaper to live on than St. Maarten. Offers U.S. clinicals. Has a formal affiliation with Kasturba/Mannipal in India. Time will tell, but this will probably develop into a great program if they can get the students to come. The people running the show there know how to efficiently run an off-shore school. And, the professors teaching there (some of whom left Ross and taught me during my preclinical studies) are very good.

-Skip