Auburn Dual-Degree Program

Started by pirateyoho
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pirateyoho

Mizzou c/o 2019
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I dug around a bit but couldn't find a post about this. I'm interested in going the DVM/MPH route, but Auburn is my in-state and I couldn't find anything on their website about a dual degree with a Master's in public health.

However, I did find some other interesting dual degrees that I was curious about, the DVM/MS in Pathology in particular. Is it comparable to a DVM/MPH? How much longer does it take to complete? Is anyone/has anyone pursued this dual degree at Auburn, or any dual degree, who would like to describe it a bit more? 🙂

http://www.vetmed.auburn.edu/pathobiology/bms-program-pathobiology
 
Hi there! I'm also interested in pursuing a MPH/DVM route. I've been accepted to Miss St, Aub, and VT..but I think I want to go to Auburn. I have been told that once you get your plan worked out with the staff, you can get an online MPH through University of Alabama Birmingham. I am not sure if this is a good thing or not..obviously a hands on degree is better, but I am still undecided. If you call Kaye, she can talk to you about the MPH through UAB though!
 
Hi there! I'm also interested in pursuing a MPH/DVM route. I've been accepted to Miss St, Aub, and VT..but I think I want to go to Auburn. I have been told that once you get your plan worked out with the staff, you can get an online MPH through University of Alabama Birmingham. I am not sure if this is a good thing or not..obviously a hands on degree is better, but I am still undecided. If you call Kaye, she can talk to you about the MPH through UAB though!

I'll try to look more into that online option. That would be *awesome* as I've loved the few online courses I've taken as part of my BS. I wonder if the flexibility of the online courses allows you to complete the MPH more quickly? Still not sure how I feel about the possibility of adding an entire extra year to my vet school studies...