AUC - help me defer please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medschool22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
My application was complete around mid-june and I was accepted 2 weeks later without an interview for Fall 2006. My fiance also applied with higher stats across the board (higher mcat, higher gpa, more volunteering, etc) but was rejected.

We've been together for over 6 years and done the whole long-distance thing for a time, and it's not really our preference (plus, I'd rather go to a crappier school than have her go somewhere alone, I'd be too nervous for her for one thing).

I'm willing to defer my application to a later semester (Jan 07 or May 07) but I have no idea what I should say (obviously saying "my SO didn't get in, so she's going to reapply and we're going to try to go together) isn't really the best reason.

Any suggestions?

We'll both be applying to other Caribb. schools hoping to get in somewhere together. She already turned down a DO acceptance because I was rejected from that school.

I would like to defer so that if we don't get into a school together, I still have a school to go to (too bad, because we both really wanted to go to AUC over the other schools).

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Did you mention that you wanted to apply and be accepted as a couple? You might want to let them know that and also tell them that you will be deferring (which is not that hard) to wait for her so it would be great if they could tell you why she was rejected with lower stats.

Would you mind sharing your respective stats?

Just to add, I personally know a person who deferred without an issue so do not sweat the deferral, and try to find out what you need to do to get your GF in AUC.

3.55 gpa
23 MCAT

volunteer experience (medical and non-medical)
non-medical work experience

Members don't see this ad :)
medschool22 said:
3.55 gpa
23 MCAT

volunteer experience (medical and non-medical)
non-medical work experience

Unless money was the issue, I do not see why both of you did not apply to SGU and go there together.