AUC, Ross, SGU Caribbean Time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sasevan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how many years are typically spent in the Carbbean at any of the big three?
From what I understand AUC is 20 months and Ross 14 months (not sure about SGU) but I'm wondering if this amount of time meets ECFMG requirement for medical science credits or if one needs to supplement these curricula with further studies in the States?
Thanks in advance for all info.

Members don't see this ad.

sasevan said:
... Ross 14 months... but I'm wondering if this amount of time meets ECFMG requirement for medical science credits or if one needs to supplement these curricula with further studies in the States?

Ross is actually about 16 calendar months, when you add-up the time coming and going, etc., etc. The pre-clinical curriculum is two academic years (i.e., four semesters) and meets ECFMG requirements, as well as requirements of all state licensure boards (which is really more important in the grand scheme of things). You must still complete four academic years of medical school, and your clerkships will all be conducted in the U.S. in order to meet these goals.

For more specific info on Ross' curriculum, go here:

http://www.rossmed.edu/Medical_School/Academic_Information/curriculum.html

-Skip