AUC vs SGU - Princeton Review

Started by neulite
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

neulite

Graduate Student (GRII)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In the ongoing debate over these two schools, why does AUC appear in Princeton Review's list of the top medical schools where SGU does not?
 
That's it you guys? That's the only response I get? I think with SGU's comparable stats to some allopathic schools it would want to be included.
 
I wouldn't question AUC. I heard their curriculum is quite amazing.

I feel that some people perceive SGU as the "Top" school because they accept students with the highest stats (i.e. 3.4 gpa, 26mcat). But just because the school has the top stat applicants, doesn't mean that you have the "best" school. To be named a “better” school—perhaps they take into consideration class size (SGU accepts 300 students vs. AUC accepting 80 jan, 200 sept). They probably take into consider faculty vs student ratio, research opportunity, island atmosphere (AUC is on st. martin), housing, etc. perhaps that is what Princeton review was focusing on. I understand that step scores and residency placement is quite important—but I do believe you cannot give the credit to the school. Students with high mcat or high gpas would probably do better on their steps—and those students are the ones who get into SGU.

i don't think auc "bought" their rank. that is like saying that some schools bought their rank on newsweekly. People look to Princeton review for guidance—I doubt they would just be bought off like that.