AuD project ideas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kitska

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I am curious what kinds of AuD projects people are doing. I am not so much looking for specific ideas, but just general ones, like "a research study on loudness", etc.

I am also wondering, are all AuD projects original research projects or are there other options, like researching & writing a review article, or starting up a aural rehab group. Just curious. Our program director has not given us a lot of guidance so far. I'm a 2nd year, by the way.

Thanks,
-K

Members don't see this ad.

Well I can tell you what I am doing for my thesis. I am doing speech evoked ABR. That isnt really original, its what else Im doing that is. I am adding in ipsilateral white noise at a SNR of +10 and +20 dB and then I am doing the same with bilateral noise. I am looking to see if we can electrophysiologically see a release from masking using speech.

We are having some interesting results, especially regarding the middle latency response. :)

My dept is big on HA research and electrophysiology research. If I had my choice, I would have done a project on anatomy and physiology but we dont have the facilities for that.

I know thats a lot but I hope that helps.

Well I can tell you what I am doing for my thesis. I am doing speech evoked ABR. That isnt really original, its what else Im doing that is. I am adding in ipsilateral white noise at a SNR of +10 and +20 dB and then I am doing the same with bilateral noise. I am looking to see if we can electrophysiologically see a release from masking using speech.

We are having some interesting results, especially regarding the middle latency response. :)

My dept is big on HA research and electrophysiology research. If I had my choice, I would have done a project on anatomy and physiology but we dont have the facilities for that.

I know thats a lot but I hope that helps.

Oh my gosh, AUDBall! That sounds like a fascinating project! When you get it all together, will you post it for us here? I'd love to read about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my gosh, AUDBall! That sounds like a fascinating project! When you get it all together, will you post it for us here? I'd love to read about it.

Thanks! Sure I can do that. My deadline for data collection is April 1st. Then its analysis time :)

I'm going with loudness levels in night life areas. Useful, and should keep things interesting. Aside from that, I have long wondered if it is time for the spondee list to be updated. Woodwork? Inkwell?

I'm going with loudness levels in night life areas. Useful, and should keep things interesting. Aside from that, I have long wondered if it is time for the spondee list to be updated. Woodwork? Inkwell?

hahaha, you're so right, Dusty.