Audio Osmosis...Worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sweeney5

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is Audio Osmosis worth the money?? i have read mixed reviews. If anyone has it and would like to share, at a reasonable cost (aka not $200), i would be very happy to contribute to your summer slush fund.

Members don't see this ad.

if you are talking about the MCAT audio osmosis, yah they are worth the money. They helped me big time on the MCAT. I am also taking the DAT. They are helping either way.

Just a little weird that the OP and the first reply only have one post on the enitre forum and join dates this month?

Come on guys...pre-professional students here, did ya' really think we wouldn't notice? Advertise like the rest of the universe, with flashy graphics and sex!

Members don't see this ad :)
armorshell said:
Just a little weird that the OP and the first reply only have one post on the enitre forum and join dates this month?

Come on guys...pre-professional students here, did ya' really think we wouldn't notice? Advertise like the rest of the universe, with flashy graphics and sex!

If you're thinking that me and the two first posters on this thread are the same person then:

(1.) You're wrong :rolleyes:
(2.) You are much more marketing savy then I am ;)

Ask the first dude... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

fyi, it is illegal to burn and sell a copy of these disks... so be leary of people selling them... especially when someone says something like "anybody who wants these disks, message me"

simpleman said:
if you are talking about the MCAT audio osmosis, yah they are worth the money. They helped me big time on the MCAT. I am also taking the DAT. They are helping either way.

ok. i'll bite. why take both tests?

it's definitely worth it when you don't pay for it. i got mine via bitorrent :thumbup:

hey armorshell...don't worry i am not marketing...i can barely figure out how to post things. I found the mp3's of the audio osmosis on craigslist just in case anyone is trying to find them

...or worried that i may be marketing them :laugh:

I have the complete audio osmosis CD set that I barely used. I just burned them onto my iTunes and used it on my ipod. I'm willing to sell them cheap to anyone interested. Please PM me.

The audo osmosis is alright... I got it... I just listen to it in my car and when i sleep... Who knows, if im taking the DAT and for some reason i remember something from those CDs when i was sleepin or driving, its worth it i guess

Audio learning is generally not very effective. It can however, be a good source of review. Yet, if this your primary means of study I think you may be unpleasantly surprised test day.

I agree with the last couple posters.

There is no substitute for reading, writing, and recalling the information until you have it down cold. All of the gimics seem to be counterproductive and a complete waste of money in my book...this is my opinion of course.

i listened to some of the audio files. the listener must be focused to understand or review from these audio files. if i listen to them in my car then i will not retain anything, maybe because i am a visual learner. if you are a visual learner then don't use these. i am going to use them after i finish reviewing for the dat.

issa said:
i listened to some of the audio files. the listener must be focused to understand or review from these audio files. if i listen to them in my car then i will not retain anything, maybe because i am a visual learner. if you are a visual learner then don't use these. i am going to use them after i finish reviewing for the dat.
You dont necessarily have to be focused... Have you ever listened to a HORRIBLE song like 20 times and then u can sing it from heart? Same thing with this i think... You will just remember little facts and tidbits, but it is in NO way a supplement to actually studying. Just my 2 cents

golfmontpoker said:
You dont necessarily have to be focused... Have you ever listened to a HORRIBLE song like 20 times and then u can sing it from heart? Same thing with this i think... You will just remember little facts and tidbits, but it is in NO way a supplement to actually studying. Just my 2 cents

this is a good analogy. it works best if you have some grasp of the material before you listen to it, though. aka... you aren't going to be able to learn translation from scratch listening to it... but go over it for 10 or 15 minutes and then listen to it 3 or 4 times and you will know it like the back of your hand.

golfmontpoker said:

Although this analogy you are referencing is somewhat true. I don't believe it holds true for this type of content unless put to music. Some researchers believe that your brain has a beat that occurs about every second. Jingles and advertising slogans tend to be tailored to this beat. The same is true with a lot of hit songs. As a result your brain "seemingly" stores this info in permanent memory. Is Audio osmosis to music?

RockstarDMD said:
Although this analogy you are referencing is somewhat true. I don't believe it holds true for this type of content unless put to music. Some researchers believe that your brain has a beat that occurs about every second. Jingles and advertising slogans tend to be tailored to this beat. The same is true with a lot of hit songs. As a result your brain "seemingly" stores this info in permanent memory. Is Audio osmosis to music?

Good point RockstarDMD! That is why I play audio osmosis with windows media player and play music in a foreign language or wordless music with my itunes player(at a lower volume) :D It is helping me retain more info so far. Try it out you guys :)

armorshell said:

I am in no way promoting to sell my CDs or anything. They are useful to me and I am keeping them for my sister who is also preparing for the MCAT. I was just telling the person that it was a good source; thats all. Dont judge too soon buddy!!

organichemistry said:
ok. i'll bite. why take both tests?

This may sound wierd, but I actually like to take a lot of tests. I wanna have the option either to be a dentist or MD.