Audiologist Hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Integralpix

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As a professional audiologist, how many hours a week do you expect to spend working outside of the regular work day? How much work do you anticipate "bringing home?" Do you anticipate a 40-hour work week?

I'm most interested in hearing from those who anticipate working as a staff audiologist rather than an owner of a private practice (who will obviously require many more hours).
 
I'd say that as a staff audiologist you could expect the typical 9-5 grind or about 40 hours week. I also doubt many end up bringing work home with them unless they're in a management type position.

Unless you're a working parent, I'd definitely suggest trying to take the private practice route. You'll make more money ultimately and the field desperately needs more independent audiologists.