Audition rotation after interview deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NeuroIsCool

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm hoping to do an audition rotation at a hospital, but the only availability remaining is during the month of December. However, they only interview from October through November. Will I be more likely to get an interview if I schedule the rotation? Should I ask them about doing an interview during the rotation even though it's after their interview season?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So if someone were to do 3 AIs July - September and aways October and November would this work? (I'm undecided on what I'm actually pursuing).


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
I'm hoping to do an audition rotation at a hospital, but the only availability remaining is during the month of December. However, they only interview from October through November. Will I be more likely to get an interview if I schedule the rotation? Should I ask them about doing an interview during the rotation even though it's after their interview season?

I would apply and if you don't receive an invite by late September send the PD a note or call the coordinator and express your interest in the program and tell them you are rotating in December, they will most likely give you an interview.
 
November is prime interview time. I did an away during November, but it gave me a bit of a headache having to plan interviews