• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Audition rotations

DrMattOglesby

Grand Master
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Verified Expert
Aug 15, 2007
  1. Medical Student
    My school does not allow you to receive credit for completing the same rotation at the same institution. However, if you do the "same" rotation at a different institution, then you can get elective credit.
    As far as actually attaining the credit, my school provides the facility in which I trained with a performance evaluation at the completion of the rotation. Once it is filled out, I get my elective credit.

Sheldor

10+ Year Member
    May 21, 2011
    1. Attending Physician
      How do you all get credit for audition rotations? My school does not allow me to repeat clinical electives. So... Hypothetically speaking, if I wanted to go into x specialty, how can I arrange to do x rotations at more than one location? Are all schools like this, or can most of you get credit each time you rotate at a different location?

My school had a similar rule, but the admin office would change the title of each, so even though you know you're doing three orthopedic surgery rotations they'd do something like: orthopedic surgery, spine surgery, trauma and bone splinting.

Not real names, but you get the picture. Talk with your admin office and they'll let you know how they handle it!

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.