Aug 31 OAT: Need Advice

HopefulPremed.

OMS-1
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was initially signed up to take it in May, but changed it to mid Aug when my quarter and classes got hard. This summer, I also took classes and decided to change OAT again. I wanted to do mid Sept, but my eligibility period ended in Aug, so I changed to today, Aug 31. I crammed for only two weeks, but usually woke up and studied for about 5-6 hours a day. O chem, I didn't study for much because I knew it was going to take the longest to study for. The O chem I took at college was too easy: take home exams, group exams, etc. I did not learn much. Bio I was scoring well on when I did practice tests, but today, the bio section was skewed towards animal based questions and taxonomy. I'm not sure.
This was my scores:
Qualitative Reasoning: 330
Reading: 360
Biology: 280
Gen Chem: 300
O chem: 240
Physics: 310
TS: 280
Academic Average: 300

I know I need to retake because of bio and gen chem. I have to wait 90 days also, so that would be Nov 30. I also have my classes starting end of Sept. What should I do? Should I apply now and then retake if schools tell me to? I'm doing western, SCCO and Berkeley.

Members don't see this ad.

Think you should start to study again as soon as possible if you want to apply this cycle. Try to get in as much studying as you can when your classes start. Make a schedule and stick to it. Use chad's videos as a resource and it's a guarantee you'll do much better in your sciences if you apply yourself correctly. Pretty sure if you applied right now they're gonna tell you to retake it anyways. Should try to aim over a 330 if you want interviews from SCCO and Berkeley at least. And your GPA and extracurricular activities plus shadowing will also play a factor holistically in your application.

Last edited: