August 20 DAT breakdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chimm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

i've been lurking through SDN for a while looking up tips on DAT and whatnot so i figure its my turn to give back :rolleyes:

PAT 20 87 percentile
QR 25 97.4
RC 22 87.3
Bio 21 90.4
Gchem 23 94.5
Ochem 26 97.7 (lol i got a B and C+ in ochem 1st/2nd semester :laugh:)
TS 22 95.3
AA 23 97.9

PAT: CDP CDP CDP. All the way. Practice and repetition will yield great results because over time, you'll find strategies to solve them quickly and methodically, even though this was my lowest section. Topscore helped as well though the real thing was easier than both =D.

QR: Though I'm a bio major, math has always been my strongest point so all i can really say is be able to go fast and keep a clear head on what numbers are important, especially on the word problems. All i used was destroyer and topscore for this.

RC: Topscore and KBB were all i used as its just a matter of finding the right passage for the right answer. Being able to skim over the passage quickly makes the questions at the end of the passage easier to deal with.

Gchem: DESTROYER, KBB, and Topscore worked wonders. Simpler than i had expected and i noticed a distinct tricky nature to the questions, but if you pay enough attention to how questions are answered in Destroyer, it will bring you the goods. I'd say 60/40 concept/calculation

Ochem: Same as Gchem. Destroyer, KBB, and Topscore worked very well. Was not as hard as expected and very very straightforward. Pay attention to patterns in reactions and everything should work out fine.

ALTHOUGH i know these scores are very good, my sci gpa is like 2.97 or something hahahaha and my overall gpa is around ~3.05 i think. I'm in the UOP predent program so what do you think about my chances are for UOP dent school itself. Thank youuuu

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

i've been lurking through SDN for a while looking up tips on DAT and whatnot so i figure its my turn to give back :rolleyes:

PAT 20 87 percentile
QR 25 97.4
RC 22 87.3
Bio 21 90.4
Gchem 23 94.5
Ochem 26 97.7 (lol i got a B and C+ in ochem 1st/2nd semester :laugh:)
TS 22 95.3
AA 23 97.9

PAT: CDP CDP CDP. All the way. Practice and repetition will yield great results because over time, you'll find strategies to solve them quickly and methodically, even though this was my lowest section. Topscore helped as well though the real thing was easier than both =D.

QR: Though I'm a bio major, math has always been my strongest point so all i can really say is be able to go fast and keep a clear head on what numbers are important, especially on the word problems. All i used was destroyer and topscore for this.

RC: Topscore and KBB were all i used as its just a matter of finding the right passage for the right answer. Being able to skim over the passage quickly makes the questions at the end of the passage easier to deal with.

Gchem: DESTROYER, KBB, and Topscore worked wonders. Simpler than i had expected and i noticed a distinct tricky nature to the questions, but if you pay enough attention to how questions are answered in Destroyer, it will bring you the goods. I'd say 60/40 concept/calculation

Ochem: Same as Gchem. Destroyer, KBB, and Topscore worked very well. Was not as hard as expected and very very straightforward. Pay attention to patterns in reactions and everything should work out fine.

ALTHOUGH i know these scores are very good, my sci gpa is like 2.97 or something hahahaha and my overall gpa is around ~3.05 i think. I'm in the UOP predent program so what do you think about my chances are for UOP dent school itself. Thank youuuu

UOP DAT avg scores are pretty high,
but youve got the scores

the gpa may be on the low side, but Id say go with it and apply
since your in the predent progrram, dont you have a better chance?

congrats and goodluck

Yeah i do have a better chance. But their contract is 3.15 sci and 18+ on DAT. Thats automatic interview i've heard. I dont have the gpa so they arent forced by contract to give me interview. Maybe if they feel like giving me a break i guess. Thnx

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrat to your awsome DAT score and since I like to be practical this would be my suggestion:
GPA matters because it is the most consistant score they can look at; it tells them how you might be doing in professional school. Do not allow less than A to yourself in any of your classes/ Sci and Non Sci.
Let them know that you are qualify for hard study habit dental school needs.