gollum85

10+ Year Member
May 22, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey guys, I was planning to take the DAT on Aug.21 (second time), wondering if its too late since Dental Schools start reviewing applications in early August. I have already sent out my application for '09 cycle through aadsas. :confused:

gogobruin

10+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I think you will be fine, but u can fill out the application first. Since you have already taken first exam u can put them on the application, and call schools that u are taking another one in summer. best wishes!

OP
G

gollum85

10+ Year Member
May 22, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
On my first DAT, I did really bad on the QC and PAT. Since i will be taking it again August, I dont know if I should post those grades in the application or just wait till my second exam???????I dont want to to decrease my chances of acceptance becuase of my first DAT scores on my application.

OMFS08

Tooth Extractornator
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 11, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Yeah, I am in a similar position, I did not post my scores from first DAT. I am retaking in July or August so I will E-submit soon then take DAT and have the scores sent but I think they will get both scores at the same time.

litldime

D2
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
Texas
Status
Dental Student
If I were you, I would make sure everything is in long before August 21st. The once you get your scores, fax them in. Some schools will accept that until the get the official copy.
Good luck

jigabodo

10+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2006
Louisville, KY
Status
Dentist
Hey guys, I was planning to take the DAT on Aug.21 (second time), wondering if its too late since Dental Schools start reviewing applications in early August. I have already sent out my application for '09 cycle through aadsas. :confused:
It's a little bit on the late side, but if you do well, you should still get a few first round interviews.