August 23rd PCAT

Started by pharwanabe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharwanabe

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So i was signing up yesterday, and it showed that everything is filled except the one in Fresno. I filled out all the information and when i clicked submit, it gave me an error saying that one is filled up as well. I wanted to ask if you guys know if they open up anyting later on because i know there are a lot of people who just signed up for august one thinking they might not have done good on the June pcat. Do yu guys know if they change their mind and cancel their august one would they open up spots????
thanks
 
You may want to wait when the results for the June PCAT are out. Im sure most people will cancel their appointments if they are satisfied with their scores.
 
I have heard from many people that it's going to take 6 weeks until June pcat scores comes back to you. (some say 4 to 5 weeks)

The cancellation deadline for Aug PCAT is Aug 1st. Assuming it does take 6 weeks to get your score. (June 21st to Aug 2nd). This means those who sign up for Aug PCAT will see his or her June PCAT scores after the cancellation deadline for Aug test.

Nevertheless, the late registration for Aug PCAT is Aug 8th. So, after you see your June pcat scores, you can still sign up for Aug PCAT by paying an extra fee but that's assuming your test center of choice is still open.

here's the link for deadlines:

http://harcourtassessment.com/hai/i...Sections/PCAT08_CIB_Final-Appendix.pdf#page=7


link for fees:

http://harcourtassessment.com/hai/i...CIB_Sections/PCAT08_CIB_Final-Fees.pdf#page=4
 
I have heard from many people that it's going to take 6 weeks until June pcat scores comes back to you. (some say 4 to 5 weeks)

The cancellation deadline for Aug PCAT is Aug 1st. Assuming it does take 6 weeks to get your score. (June 21st to Aug 2nd). This means those who sign up for Aug PCAT will see his or her June PCAT scores after the cancellation deadline for Aug test.

Nevertheless, the late registration for Aug PCAT is Aug 8th. So, after you see your June pcat scores, you can still sign up for Aug PCAT by paying an extra fee but that's assuming your test center of choice is still open.

here's the link for deadlines:

http://harcourtassessment.com/hai/i...Sections/PCAT08_CIB_Final-Appendix.pdf#page=7


link for fees:

http://harcourtassessment.com/hai/i...CIB_Sections/PCAT08_CIB_Final-Fees.pdf#page=4
thanks. but i havn't taken the june pcat i was goan take the august one i know i waited til last minute to sgn up but. i been trying every 5 mins on the pcat website ahah and luckily fresno opened up. so
thanks for all the info
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are both Fresno sites full? I signed up a week ago and both CSU Fresno and Fresno CC were open, as well as Cal. I guess a ton of people signed up at the last minute.

Speaking of last minute, if I had registered earlier, I could have taken the test on campus. Now I'm driving 200+ miles to get to Fresno. 😡
 
Are both Fresno sites full? I signed up a week ago and both CSU Fresno and Fresno CC were open, as well as Cal. I guess a ton of people signed up at the last minute.

Speaking of last minute, if I had registered earlier, I could have taken the test on campus. Now I'm driving 200+ miles to get to Fresno. 😡

GRR i feel your PAIN! They always had 2 sites in LA, UCLA and USC. I've taken it at UCLA before since it's so close to home. Now there is only USC, it fills up so quickly! I have to drive to Fresno as well (and pay for a hotel 😡) I wanted to call them to see about changing test centers if there are cancellations. Do you know if they do this? The most populated city in the United States and only 1 test center. And 2 in Fresno? COME ON NOW!
 
GRR i feel your PAIN! They always had 2 sites in LA, UCLA and USC. I've taken it at UCLA before since it's so close to home. Now there is only USC, it fills up so quickly! I have to drive to Fresno as well (and pay for a hotel 😡) I wanted to call them to see about changing test centers if there are cancellations. Do you know if they do this? The most populated city in the United States and only 1 test center. And 2 in Fresno? COME ON NOW!
I know this totally sucks. For some reason they kept showing Chico as one of the test center place which is very close to me. But when i clicked on it, it says no test center available so it sucks and the next closest one was Berkeley which also got filled. now i also have to drive down to Fresno, like 4 hours.
I don't know why they don't have stupid centers in Sacramento.
And about switching i read that they said absolutely not. they won't let you switch around.
anyways i guess I was able to at least sign up , rather than waiting for the October one.
Why doesn't PCAT have the option like DAT or MCAT that you can take the exam whenever you are ready?