August 26 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdapplicant2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is taking MCAT on august 26 too late apply for this application cycle? Actually I'm retaking the MCAT had a 29 (11 in BiolSci; 9 in Phys Sci; 9 in Verbal) for the first try.

Members don't see this ad.

Is taking MCAT on august 26 too late apply for this application cycle? Actually I'm retaking the MCAT had a 29 (11 in BiolSci; 9 in Phys Sci; 9 in Verbal) for the first try.
I hope it is not. I took my MCAT on may 10 and i'm retaking on Aug 22, so i'm pretty much in the same boat. Good luck for us. Are you applying to DO or MD?

bump i'm interested in this as well if anyone has any insight/comments

Members don't see this ad :)
It will put you much later in the process. But if the rest of your file is complete before schools receive your new mcat scores then you will have a fighting chance. However, you will be interviewing much later in the season...unless schools decide to review you with your current mcat scores.

best of luck to you!!!

You will be a late applicant. In a rolling process that means you will be competing for fewer interviews, fewer seats. Which tends not to be such an issue for folks with the top stats. But if you are borderline, it can be a bad idea. So if you replace that 29 with a balanced 33+, I wouldn't sweat it. But if you end up with a 30, the lateness factor would suggest you would have been better off not telling schools to wait for a new score.

As mentioned above, if you are going to do this, you need to make sure everything is complete and to the school before you take the test. So you won't see your score before the schools will.

If you aren't scoring unbelievably well on full length practice tests and this 29 is just an aberration, then it probably benefits you to take the time you need and apply for the following cycle, or else just run with a 29.