• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!
May 11, 2020
I'm registered for the MCAT on July 18, I get my score back August 4. I will have my AACOM and AACOMAS apps ready and verified by then. Will it be too late for MD and DO to submit a verified application by August 4th? Or is August 4th still early for most schools?

I appreciate everyone's help and advice!

Reactions: 1 users
Dec 24, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello,
August 4th will be early for DO. For MD, it will be late, but it depends on your state (for TX: that is late). The best thing you can do now is submit your transcripts, letter of recommendations, and get all your application info asap in through AMCAS, AACOMAS, and TMDSAS (if you're applying in TX).
-Future DO

I'mJustCurious

5+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2015
Library
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello,
August 4th will be early for DO. For MD, it will be late, but it depends on your state (for TX: that is late). The best thing you can do now is submit your transcripts, letter of recommendations, and get all your application info asap in through AMCAS, AACOMAS, and TMDSAS (if you're applying in TX).
-Future DO
I believe Texas has extended their deadline to help out with those taking the MCAT late

About the Ads

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I'm registered for the MCAT on July 18, I get my score back August 4. I will have my AACOM and AACOMAS apps ready and verified by then. Will it be too late for MD and DO to submit a verified application by August 4th? Or is August 4th still early for most schools?

I appreciate everyone's help and advice!
That's still fine for both.

Reactions: 1 user

Ssha

2+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Can you submit the application before you get your MCAT score? I'm retaking it so my old MCAT(low score) will be there already.

Kumorebi

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Can you submit the application before you get your MCAT score? I'm retaking it so my old MCAT(low score) will be there already.
You can, but I suggest to you submit to 1 throwaway school to get your AMCAS verified, and submit to the rest of the schools when you have your new MCAT score.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.