August MCAT & Earliest Interview Date?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hardbody

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Approximately how long does it take a first time August MCAT taker to get an interview (for the 2007 cycle)?

Members don't see this ad.

I was a first time August MCAT taker and I received my earliest interview invites in late october and scheduled for November with my earliest acceptance in early December. Scores were released mid-October.

What about if your a august retaker? Got a 25P on my first try. Could I possibly get interviews before august scores come in?

Members don't see this ad :)
DrCurious said:
What about if your a august retaker? Got a 25P on my first try. Could I possibly get interviews before august scores come in?
the only way to find out is to apply and wait...no one here can tell you anything but "maybe", couse we have no idea what is in your application besides your 25P mcat and we are not ADCOMs.
Be patient and GL

HunterGatherer said:
I was a first time August MCAT taker and I received my earliest interview invites in late october and scheduled for November with my earliest acceptance in early December. Scores were released mid-October.

HG,

Did you send your scores to AACOMAS and waited until they sent a revised version of your application to each school? OR did you send your MCAT score directly to each school (if this is even possible).

-Timmah2k

timmah2k said:
HG,

Did you send your scores to AACOMAS and waited until they sent a revised version of your application to each school? OR did you send your MCAT score directly to each school (if this is even possible).

-Timmah2k

some schools will take a faxed copy of your new mcat score if u dont want to wait for aacomas to verify..that way your file will be completed right when you have your score

HunterGatherer said:

:thumbup:

awesome!

lets hope something similar happens with us hehe. :scared:

1. I let AAMC send scores to AACOMAS and allowed AACOMAS to forward my scores to my respective schools. It took about 10 days from the day scores were released that some schools were telling me they received them when I called.

2. last season some people who were retakers received interviews pre August MCAT scores. These were mostly early applicants.

HunterGatherer said:
1. I let AAMC send scores to AACOMAS and allowed AACOMAS to forward my scores to my respective schools. It took about 10 days from the day scores were released that some schools were telling me they received them when I called.

2. last season some people who were retakers received interviews pre August MCAT scores. These were mostly early applicants.

I'm an August retaker...I got a 21N though...so I doubt they'll offer me an interview pre scores.

HunterGatherer said:

By early applicants do you mean early decision, or just people who had their stuff in on time?