August Mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nanad

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys

I am re-taking my MCAT for the 3rd time and last time. I am scheduled to take the exam July 8th but am not 100% confident yet and I think I need an extra month

Do you think the Aug 7th MCAt will be too late?? My AACOMAS is already submitted for the past 2 weeks or so, everything else will be done by the time my scores come in (Early Sept)

I really wanted to be an early candidate, do you think this is a bad idea to resched?

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys

I am re-taking my MCAT for the 3rd time and last time. I am scheduled to take the exam July 8th but am not 100% confident yet and I think I need an extra month

Do you think the Aug 7th MCAt will be too late?? My AACOMAS is already submitted for the past 2 weeks or so, everything else will be done by the time my scores come in (Early Sept)

I really wanted to be an early candidate, do you think this is a bad idea to resched?

Whether it is too late or not, if you are uncomfortable with your test date, I would say wait, study your butt off for the next month and be more ready for the MCAT in August.

hey guys

obviously, getting a bad score in august is worse than getting a better score in september. and i hink being complete in september, while it may not be EARLY, is also not considered late. i'd wait. i'm in a similar boat... retaking the MCAT for a second time in aug and applying this cycle. my first is around the average for a FEW schools, but i know i can do better. i'm sure you feel the same about your scores, good luck to you! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys

In your situation I highly recommend rescheduling. It's definitely better to get a higher score but take it later than to get a lower score and be complete sooner, IMO anyway. :luck:

hey guys

I was in the EXACT same situation as you last year, taking the mcat for the X amount of time. I had initially scheduled it for the end of july, but ended up postponing it to mid August. I even had to cancel half my trip that was already scheduled for august....so with all the trouble, it was well worth it. I highly recommend you taking it a month later if you would feel more confident, and most importantly, an opportunity to SCORE BETTER b/c you have more time to prepare. one month is a lot of time to study, so just do it. I strongly believe confidence is a huge factor in your performance, and if taking it one month later will give you more confidence, then it is absolutely well worth it to postpone. only take the mcat when u are absolutely ready. good luck!

I'm taking MCATs for the 1st time in late August. That's probably not the most ideal situation, but there is nothing else that I can do. I'm not going to push for the July MCATs because I know I wouldn't be ready, and then I'd risk having to re-take the MCATs.