August MCATers Application Complete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blitzkrieg

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
..by when? I need to get my secondaries in and beat the rush..

Members don't see this ad.

in order to beat the rush you should have them all in by the time your scores come out. if you want to look at them first, i think you need to have them in within a week or two after that. that's just my opinion though. i don't know if there's really a set rule on this.

Actually, I think Blitzkrieg took the April MCAT and wants to get his secondaries done before the rush of Aug MCATers have completed apps.

Myself being an August MCAT taker have heard from numerous schools that they will move forward with app decisions, implying my app will be complete, upon receipt of the scores. We should get them around Oct. 3rd, but UW told me that they will not have them until about the end of October...I would suggest getting your secondaries and LORs to the schools in the next few weeks to "beat the rush!" This way the schools can start checking out your completed app before the batch of Aug MCATers apps are complete.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, angeliqua is right..I'm an april MCATer..

still waiting on the committee letter, but many schools are accepting letters in packets minus the eval..

question..some schools say that I can submit a packet of letters as long as I include a note as to why I didnt use the pre-med committee....my reason is that of timing..I do not know when they will be able to meet.......will this be held against me? The admissions ppl said no, but you know them...

I'd say it's worth a try, although I always thought one was required to use the committee letter if one's school had a committee. Have your files complete by early to mid October to beat the Aug MCAT rush, I'd say.

well, I have called each specific school concerning their individual policies, and three require a note with the packet in lieu of the committe eval:

UVA
Yale
G-town

I think that's it..I have the list somewhere, and am a bit too lazy atm to check it out...