BananaSplit

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 29, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
Status
Have any august MCATers (with or without previous MCAT scores) gotten an Stanford Secondary yet? I've been patiently waiting, but alas, no news at all. No rejection, no email, nothing. My AMCAS was transmitted 7/31 in case you were wondering.

BananaSplit

lola

Bovine Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2002
california
Visit site
Status
nope... but i don't expect to get a secondary.
i don't think we can realistically expect to hear from schools for at least another week or two. some may still not have our august scores, and even if they do it takes time to review apps (even to insert numbers into a formula).

About the Ads

Samoa

15+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2002
Aw, come on! We all know Stanford makes no pretense on that subject--look how fast the rejections came for the people who had April MCATs on their AMCAS! I predict someone will get a rejection letter by early next week. (maybe it'll be me:rolleyes: )

SMW

Grand Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2001
anchorage, ak
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by lola
some may still not have our august scores, and even if they do it takes time to review apps (even to insert numbers into a formula).
The first hurdle is getting the scores into the file, so they can be inserted into the formula. In my experience (none with Stanford, however), that can take quite a while.

Dr. Wall$treet

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2002
Phoenix
Visit site
Status
ha funny how ones hopes can be demolished in a mere second.. i had hope sof applying to stanford, i mean i applied but then got my scores back. 30.. damn verbal.. its funny if i would have had the verbal of my life and got an 11.. i could have applied witha 33 and had a shot.. but a 30 .. auto rejection.. damn mcat.. well ill let you konw when my rejection letter comes

Samoa

15+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2002
Well, I just checked my AMCAS transmittal page, and it shows that a couple of schools have gotten a retransmission of my app since the scores were placed in it.

Not Stanford, though.

randomlogik

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Dr. Wall$treet
ha funny how ones hopes can be demolished in a mere second.. i had hope sof applying to stanford, i mean i applied but then got my scores back. 30.. damn verbal.. its funny if i would have had the verbal of my life and got an 11.. i could have applied witha 33 and had a shot.. but a 30 .. auto rejection.. damn mcat.. well ill let you konw when my rejection letter comes
well, i am only 1 point higher than u on the mcat....and i got a secondary. (didnt take it in aug) so dont loose hope :)

About the Ads