August MCATers: Stanford Secondaries?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by BananaSplit, Oct 10, 2002.

1. BananaSplit

BananaSplit Senior Member

Have any august MCATers (with or without previous MCAT scores) gotten an Stanford Secondary yet? I've been patiently waiting, but alas, no news at all. No rejection, no email, nothing. My AMCAS was transmitted 7/31 in case you were wondering.

BananaSplit

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lola

lola Bovine Member

nope... but i don't expect to get a secondary.
    i don't think we can realistically expect to hear from schools for at least another week or two. some may still not have our august scores, and even if they do it takes time to review apps (even to insert numbers into a formula).

4. tBw

tBw totally deluded

yeah, I think they at least like to pretend they read them and didn't just go by the numbers ;)

5. Samoa

Physician Pharmacist

Aw, come on! We all know Stanford makes no pretense on that subject--look how fast the rejections came for the people who had April MCATs on their AMCAS! I predict someone will get a rejection letter by early next week. (maybe it'll be me:rolleyes: )

6. SMW

SMW Grand Member

The first hurdle is getting the scores into the file, so they can be inserted into the formula. In my experience (none with Stanford, however), that can take quite a while.

7. Dr. Wall$treet

Banned

ha funny how ones hopes can be demolished in a mere second.. i had hope sof applying to stanford, i mean i applied but then got my scores back. 30.. damn verbal.. its funny if i would have had the verbal of my life and got an 11.. i could have applied witha 33 and had a shot.. but a 30 .. auto rejection.. damn mcat.. well ill let you konw when my rejection letter comes

8. Samoa

Physician Pharmacist

Well, I just checked my AMCAS transmittal page, and it shows that a couple of schools have gotten a retransmission of my app since the scores were placed in it.

Not Stanford, though.

9. randomlogik

randomlogik Senior Member

well, i am only 1 point higher than u on the mcat....and i got a secondary. (didnt take it in aug) so dont loose hope :)