August MCATers- Western/CCOM response?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

careerchngr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question for all the people who took the MCAT this past August for the first time and applied to Western or CCOM in 2005. When did you guys get interview invites and has anyone received any acceptances or decisions yet? Also when were your files complete? Thanks for the info.

Members don't see this ad.

I took the MCAT in August but applied late and didn't send in the CCOM secondary until 12/13. My interview invite was dated 1/20 and is scheduled for 2/13. It took a couple of weeks longer to hear back from CCOM than from the other schools for me at least. I'm not sure about Western since I didn't apply there. I would suggest calling the admissions office or sending an e-mail. Good luck!

i took the august mcat, submitted my secondary in late sept, was invited for interview in mid-november and interviewed in early january and was accepted a week later. hope that helps!
good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
careerchngr said:
bump
anyone else?

i took the aug mcat and have an interview at western in may (originally april) and got the invite in march. my invite was probably later than most cuz my UG GPA < 3.0

Hope this Helps.
I also took the Aug MCAT. I sent AACOMAS application on Jan. 10th and received supp. app. on Feb 15th. I was invited to interview on Mar. 8th for April 6th.

I have the same schdule as SK8DOC.

See you at the interview.

SK8DOC said:
Hope this Helps.
I also took the Aug MCAT. I sent AACOMAS application on Jan. 10th and received supp. app. on Feb 15th. I was invited to interview on Mar. 8th for April 6th.

For COMP:
I had my AACOMAS in a bit earlier (by September 1st), but ended up with the same basic timeline as SK8DOC. I don't really think it mattered that the AACOMAS was submitted earlier since the MCAT scores didn't come out till about mid-October? (if my memory serves me) so it was probably about another month until the schools got them. By the time COMPs interview offer came in March I already had three acceptances, so I just turned it down. COMP seemed kinda slow for me.

For COMP:

My primary app completed by the end of Oct. Invited for interview around Jan 21. I was scheduled the interview on Feb 21, but re-scheduled on Feb 10th. Accepted about 2 weeks later.

careerchngr said:
Question for all the people who took the MCAT this past August for the first time and applied to Western or CCOM in 2005. When did you guys get interview invites and has anyone received any acceptances or decisions yet? Also when were your files complete? Thanks for the info.

I interviewed at Western the first week of March I think and was accepted in a week. I took the August MCAT. They were only half full at the time so there might still be time.

Took the August MCAT '05, submitted primary mid-September. Interview invite was pre-secondary and was there when I came back from my volunteer trip abroad (mid-Oct.) and interviewed Nov. 17th. Accepted I believe 1-2 weeks later.