August PCAT scores.

Started by ronswifey
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ronswifey

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone. I need some advice. I took the PCAT in August(still waiting for scores) for the first time. I know I didnt do too well so I plan on taking it again. Originally, I was going to take it over in October but I started thinking......I havent studied much since the August PCAT because Im concentrating on my current courses(Org Chem and A&P) so wouldnt it be a waste to take it in October? Not only have I not studied for it but I probably wont recieve my scores until Oct so thats still not enough time to study to the point where there would be a big score difference. So I think I should wait until Jan to retake the PCAT b/c that gives me more time to study and by then i would have gained more chemistry and bio knowledge to actually have a better score. What do you think??????
 
If you don't think that you've really had the opportunity to study to much more, I would wait. You might not have done as bad as you think, and in areas where you might be weaker, you'll have a better idea where you need to concentrate.

Just my 2 cents!
 
I am in the same boat where I don't want to take the PCAT again until after I have completed my O-Chem and Anatomy and Physiology. If my score are lower than I anticipate then I guess I will have to wait another year to apply for schools.