August PCAT

Started by CaliRx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CaliRx

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I finally decided to post my August PCAT scores even though it is so embarrassing. I had a thread earlier in which I said how I made a bubbling mistake. Instead of bubbling in the reading comprehension section, I bubbled in the answers in the math section. Harcourt claims they have merged my two scantrons but I refuse to believe that. I am retaking it this October but I don't have much time to study. Here are my scores:

Verbal: 383 24
Biology: 415 74
Reading: 314 1
Quantitative: 406 64
Chemistry: 429 87
Composite: 389 29

Writing: 3.0/3.0

I took many practice reading tests and I do fairly well on them. I took the online Harcourt practice test and scored the highest on Reading. If I go in the October exam and actually bubble in the correct section, would my composite be a lot higher? (Assuming I don’t drop in any section) Any other suggestions on how I can improve or what I should work on more in the 8 days I have left?:scared:

Thank you for any feedback!
 
Yeah I agree they didn't merge it right for the reading part since that score means you didn't get any right. I would concentrate on getting your chem and bio scores up because those are probably the easiest two to actually raise. If you could get quantitative up that would be good too, so maybe spend a little time focusing on something you didn't understand for that part. The verbal and reading is what really killed you.
 
I wouldn't believe that Harcourt merged the 2 scantrons either. Could you request that it be hand-scored?

I would recommend working on the verbal section. Do you have practice books with analogies and sentence completion? Buying the GRE/GMAT verbal practice book might be worthwhile. It's been a while since I've taken the GRE, but I remember the verbal section for that being more difficult than the PCAT.

Yes, I believe if the reading and verbal scores come up, the score will improve significantly!

Best of luck to you!! :luck: