Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

August vs. April MCAT

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ErinG, Feb 19, 2002.

1. ErinG

ErinG Member

Which one is more beneficial to take? The August one will allow me to finish my core courses (I'm in a post-bac program), but does it cut the deadlines a bit too close? I'm thinking about the rolling admissions and the fact that I don't want to be on the later end of the applicants. Is April better even though I will have about a month of classes left plus I probably won't be able to take an MCAT review course...

Please shed some light,
    thanks!
    Erin

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf Thug 4 Life

Take it when you're ready to take it. No point taking it in April, bombing it, and then having to retake in August. August will put you behind other applicants, but if you fill out your secondaries before your MCAT scores arrive, then you won't be too far behind in the game. Bottom line, take it in April if you can, otherwise settle for the August exam but make sure the only thing left to complete your file come October will be those MCAT scores. Good luck!