Aurora Diagnostics sold to Sonic Healthcare.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
AD with 220 pathologists sold to Australian laboratory for 9x EBITDA.

Share Price & Information - ASX

What a ridiculous price unless there is significant non-human capital involved (non-human book value).

Now these peon pathologists are OWNED by AUSTRALIAN CORPORATION!! FLEE PATHOLOGY NOW. BOYCOTT THE CAP!! DAMN THE ACADEMIC PATHOLOGISTS (DTAP)!!!

There is almost same amount of debt to be paid out of the proceeds.

Members don't see this ad :)
What a ridiculous price unless there is significant non-human capital involved (non-human book value).

Now these peon pathologists are OWNED by AUSTRALIAN CORPORATION!! FLEE PATHOLOGY NOW. BOYCOTT THE CAP!! DAMN THE ACADEMIC PATHOLOGISTS (DTAP)!!!

FYI, lately, I was told, AD had been buying labs for between 1 and 2x EBITDA.

I thought Aurora was in trouble.
This is Miraca 2.0 ?
Sonic raised funds to purchase them too.

Maybe I can sell my lab for 9x before they get wise.

Should have sold out to Aurora when they were spending money like a drunken sailor even though they had lost 400 million in 5 years. They were still buying path groups until fairly recently despite how grim things had gotten.

Wonder how many layoffs there will be when the consolidation begins. Bet it is a bloodbath.

The high dollar days disappeared with the big cuts to the technical component

NINE TIMES. NINE?! really...really...Okay Im selling out, sorry guys.

The "9 times" is greatly dependent on what kind of salary they pay their pathologists. The "9 times" may be "1.5 times" next years earnings.

The things I would do for 5x EBITA are full on obscene, at 9x the wife is being thrown in as a bonus. Im serious too.