Australian admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bokimbo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been accepted to any of the Australian schools yet? Sydney? Flinders? Queensland? How long will it take to find out?

Members don't see this ad.

I they should let everyone know late October through mid November.

The individual interviewing me from Flinders said
between ten days to 2 weeks (from last Mon.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I had my interview for Flinders on Oct.3...I am also wondering when we are going to hear from them???

I got my Flinders acceptance today. Didn't take long.

Good to hear you got in....I hope they let me know soon...

Do u mind if I ask where u are from and who conducted your interview.

Thanks

I'm from the Toronto area. Dr.Tony Edwards, and another prof interviewed me over the phone last Monday.

jpd..do u mind sharing some stats(gpa/mcats etc) as I am seriously considering applying to australian medical schools next year but don't know if I am 'good' enough...any advice or help in how to go about the process (i.e. best time to apply) would be apprecieated as I am totally new to this as of now.

this is actually open to anyone who may have some helpful hints...also would any of u know if u sysdney or queensland have a pbl or lectrue based style of teaching

I'm rather new to this as well. I've got most of my info from studentdoctor.
GPA is rather subjective I think, mine was 3.7.
MCATs must be at least 8,8,8,M , mine were 10,9,10,N

Salman, all graduate med schools in Aus are pbl. That doesn't mean you don't have lectures. We have about 6-10 hours of lectures a week, plus the regular 5 pbl hours, and then variable lab and expert tutorial hours