Australian Vet Schools (Melbourne specifically)

Started by pekklepen
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pekklepen

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I am an American pre-veterinary student and have some questions about international schools. I have been speaking with an admissions representative at the University of Melbourne and I noticed that the international application does not require any letters of recommendation, but I want to send some along. I asked the representative and she said I could send along anything that seems helpful for my application. I was wondering if anyone else has applied to any Australian schools, and if they sent in any letters for recommendation? And if people did, how did you go about sending them? Separately professor/vet who wrote the recommendation or did you have your undergraduate college send them along with your transcripts?
Thanks for your help!

Marianne
 
hi, marianne...

i applied to murdoch last year and it was pretty much the same. good recommendations certainly won't hurt your application - i sent three last year to murdoch. one was from a vet. one from a vet tech who taught me everything i knew. the other was from a biology professor.

murdoch advised me to send everything together. so i had my transcripts and recommendations mailed to me and i submitted everything together, with each item in its own sealed envelope. worked ok for me.

cheers!

Hello! I am an American pre-veterinary student and have some questions about international schools. I have been speaking with an admissions representative at the University of Melbourne and I noticed that the international application does not require any letters of recommendation, but I want to send some along. I asked the representative and she said I could send along anything that seems helpful for my application. I was wondering if anyone else has applied to any Australian schools, and if they sent in any letters for recommendation? And if people did, how did you go about sending them? Separately professor/vet who wrote the recommendation or did you have your undergraduate college send them along with your transcripts?
Thanks for your help!

Marianne
 
Hi Marianne. I currently attend Melbourne Uni and applied back in 2003. I didn't submit any letters of recommendation since they did not require them. I would also recommend that if you decide to go ahead and send the LOR to the Uni that you send them all at once with your transcript, thus ensuring that your information doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

Good luck with your application, Melbourne is a great school with awesome people!🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have you gone to QLD over to Brisbane to there vet school. Do you know anyone going there now. My main intrest is working for the wildlife hosp there in QLD. I know they are going to start contstruction soon on a bigger and better hosp. Are you there on a student visa or are you applying for a Perm Visa. I am applying for a perm visa now. Because I plan on staying there after vet school. I am also starting later then most of you all. I am allready a RVT and a NP. Ya I know animals and humans lol. But I have wanted to move there and live and work there since I was very small. And it was not untill Steve Died that my heart has called me over there to go and help. If you know someone over there at that school can you send them my way. I am going to be applying for the starting year of fall 07 and if I can get in then I am going Fall 08. I have gotten a really nice letter from them and they are asking all sorts of questions.

Thanks and I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Angi
 
I just got accepted into the university of Melbourne and have some questions on housing and the school process over there. Does anyone know about that university or if you are a student there how did you find housing?