Autonomic pharm: diagrams and arrows questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stronghold

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know what to say...I am really depressed when I try to solve these questions! I am studying from Kaplan pharm lecture notes and felt I am good till I reached the questions section for this part in the book. I barely could answer a question from these arrows and diagrams of the effect of adding drugs to other. However, when there are normal questions without diagrams nor arrows, I answer most of them correctly.

Any help, guys?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know what to say...I am really depressed when I try to solve these questions! I am studying from Kaplan pharm lecture notes and felt I am good till I reached the questions section for this part in the book. I barely could answer a question from these arrows and diagrams of the effect of adding drugs to other. However, when there are normal questions without diagrams nor arrows, I answer most of them correctly.

Any help, guys?

I'd recommend specifically working more of these types of questions until you get better at them -- many physiology questions on the USMLE also use this type of format, especially autonomic nervous system, hormonal, and renal questions.

Thanks man. But how to work more in them? What to study and how?

You can make your own by drawing out a diagram like this (just an example that is totally off the top of my head to get the gist across).

---------------------------------MAP--------------HR----------------CO-----------------PVR
Epinephrine:
Norepinephrine:
Dopamine:
Dobutamine:

A good example of a physio question that nicely fits this formate is an up-, down-, neutral arrow question for the types of shock.

Dr. Leonardo Noto
www.leonardonoto.com

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
The way that I did it when I was a medical student was to make a big graph then set it aside, come back and fill it out, and then doublecheck myself with a textbook or review book.