This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I saw a horse x-ray for weeks and finally saw the dog. Sometimes the horse still pops out and scares me.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have a bigger picture...it was from a computer ago. But maybe this helps?

lol.. thank you for doing that. it helps, i can sorta see the whiskers now, i couldn't imagine what that was. the ear-that-looks-like-an-eye was throwing me off. i think the main issue now is that i don't see how that white spot can be an eye? is it closed? i feel like the last kid to get a joke and everyone else is over it and has to keep explaining it anyway. i know that just one little thing needs to click and i'll be like oh, duh! facepalm!

Not why I donated, but if it's a perk I guess I should use it, right?

maybe i'll donate in DVMorBust's name so she can make the avatar bigger.

I can't see the horse! It's bugging me!

Members don't see this ad :)
The phrase "a huckleberry over my persimmon" was used to mean "a bit beyond my abilities". "I'm your huckleberry" is a way of saying that one is just the right person for a given job....so I guess I felt this way after thinking of returning back to school and starting the process towards vet school. the challenge for me is starting 15 years or so behind everyone else!

AND, I love to say the word huckleberry. It's fun.

My picture is of my cat Rigby; her attitude was captured nicely in the photo.

Will someone PLEASE explain how in the world you can see a horse x-ray in DVMorBust's avatar? What should I focus on? I've been staring at it, but all I can see and all I've ever seen is a dog chomping on a ball. I feel like I'm looking at those stupid "Magic Eye" pictures all over again. I could never see the hidden picture, much to my frustration! :p

Set your Imaginoscope to 3.7 and then you will be able to see it. :D

I always thought it was an x-ray too. Had just looked quick at it originally and only saw what appeared to be a black and white outline of a skull.

Mine is my initials plus the # of my favorite racecar driver. Bonus points for anyone who knows who it is :)

And my pic is of my two gremlins, although I had to put my cat down last fall. Miss you, Ted :(

My Handle name is pretty straightforward :p
My avatar was an adult male white lion named Thor, basking in the sun, but I just changed it for the first time to be a baby lioness I am sponsoring named Imani. She's about 2 months old in this picture and is almost 4 months old now.

Mine is pretty straightforward too. AllieCat is a nickname I've had here and there, but someone on SDN (KSU I think??) was already using it so I just changed the spelling around a bit so as to not be a copy-cat:p

My avatar is Shadow, my awesomely stubborn old beagle, soaking up some rays amid the kitchen blinds lol. He just turned 14!

My name is a combination of three of my horses

Chy-Cheyenne
Act- Act Straight (her registered name)
Nate- Nate
........although the only one living now is Nate

I use that name for everything...emails..Ims..everything

The is picture is of Nate loving his bath he always makes a face when I hose his face...he loves it..it always reminds me of smiling..

My name is a combination of three of my horses

Chy-Cheyenne
Act- Act Straight (her registered name)
Nate- Nate
........although the only one living now is Nate

That would be a cute name for a horse...Act Straight Nate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah it would...it should have been Nates name lol..he was sooo fresh when I first got him, but now he is normal his show name is Naughty by Nathan..lol

Too many people thought my little foal was a squished cat so I have decided to add to the avatar-switching confusion and change mine! Besides, it is dummy foal season, and even though they make my overnight work very exciting :scared:, they usually don't do so well :(.

New picture is my troublesome little terrier. She thinks she is huge and hates being put in any sort of clothing/accessories. I think prior to this picture she had rummaged through the garbage so she had to wear the pumpkin hat...mwuhaha.

Ahhh, no corgi staring back at me!:D

Yes, her cute little mug in 160 x 160 was a bit intimidating, I thought. I should point out that I usually use a treat to entice her to look interested for pictures (otherwise she lays her ears back and rolls over for a belly rub) so that means she's looking at the camera with corgi hunger in her eyes... and so, in avatar form, she's looking at you all like treats she wants to gobble up. :rolleyes:

I'm sure she'll be my icon again before too long, but I'll look for a less intimidating picture first. ;)

Last edited:
BR549: I also share my life with an African Grey: A 13 year old male Congo named Brutus who is smarter than I am! He is the best companion EVER!!! Says everything from "What kind of bird are you?" to "Hey Baby", barks like a dog, sounds like a can of soda opening, microwave beeping, car alarm, phone ringing, s$#%^ when drops a seed ( I swear), and on and on and on. These parrots can reveal a lot about their owners lifestyles, sometimes to an embarrasing extent (when the most common noises your parrot makes are the microwave beeping and the soda cans opening, people get to wonder about your diet! ). African Greys make the best companions EVER. How old is your Grey?[/quote]

Yeah, they are awesome! Gracie is still a baby. She will be a year old in April. She is going through a moody phase at the moment and mumbles a lot! She does laugh and say, "Pretty Girl" and "Pretty Bird". I try not to expose her to cursing (Which is hard to do when she watches T.V. while I'm at work.). I chose the Timneh because they are smaller and supposed to be more social than the Red-tails, but Gracie strictly likes me. She will not go to anybody else. That's that two year old emotional capacity!!:rolleyes: I want a white-bellied caique. They are little goofballs. I would have my Einstein and Dennis the Menice.

Mine is probably the most unoriginal and uninteresting screen name to ever exist. It's just my first initial and my last name. Booooring.

My avatar is one of my kitties, Simon, basking in some sunlight. He's pretty much the best cat Ever.

Since I just changed my photo too (everybody else is doing, so I didn't want to feel left out!)... thought I'd finally chime in on this...

My name comes from the expression "Gone to the dogs" which pretty much describes my life in many ways.

Last edited:
BR549: I also share my life with an African Grey: A 13 year old male Congo named Brutus who is smarter than I am! He is the best companion EVER!!! Says everything from "What kind of bird are you?" to "Hey Baby", barks like a dog,

Have you heard the joke about the bird named moses?

A burglar broke into a house one night. He shined his flashlight around, looking for valuables, and when he picked up a CD player to place in his pack, a strange, disembodied voice echoed from the dark saying, "Jesus is watching you."

He nearly jumped out of his skin, clicked his flashlight out, and froze. When he heard nothing more after a bit, he shook his head, promised himself a vacation after the next big score, then clicked the light on and began searching for more valuables. Just as he pulled the stereo out so he could disconnect the wires, clear as a bell he heard,

"Jesus is watching you." Freaked out, he shone his light around frantically, looking for the source of the voice. Finally, in the corner of the room, his flashlight beam came to rest on a parrot. "Did you say that?", he hissed at the parrot.

"Yep," the parrot confessed, then squawked, "I'm just trying to warn you."

The burglar relaxed. "Warn me, huh? Who in the world are you?"

"Moses," replied the bird.

"Moses?" the burglar laughed. "What kind of people would name a birdMoses?"

"The kind of people that would name a Rottweiller Jesus."

Baylee is the name of my yellow lab...the rest of it is self-explanatory!:D I guess the only problem here is that my avatar is my cat, Shemp!

My name is a joke that came from a nickname I was given..Fuzz.

When I was in high school, I grew my hair out and then lopped it off for charity. Unfortunately, my hair is extremely thick and curly and insane, so it poofed up to immense proportions. The nickname Fuzz was given at that point and time and has stuck off and on through my undergrad. The forum name is just a play on that because I'm not too creative otherwise.

My avatar is the first photo I found on my desktop of an Arabian gelding, Alex that now spends his life as a camp horse and teaching kids how to ride.

For anyone that can't see the dog in DVMorbust's avatar, does this help? It is NOT representative of my drawing skills... just trying to put the image in perspective. Don't laugh. Okay, you can laugh - I did once I finished it. :rolleyes:

ETA: See? It' an ear! Not an eye! :oops:

Attachments

• chomp.JPG
    chomp.JPG
    5.7 KB · Views: 116
For anyone that can't see the dog in DVMorbust's avatar, does this help? It is NOT representative of my drawing skills... just trying to put the image in perspective. Don't laugh. Okay, you can laugh - I did once I finished it. :rolleyes:

ETA: See? It' an ear! Not an eye! :oops:

you did it, twelvetigers! you made me see the light!:highfive:
i finally see it in your beautifully integrated diagram, and i can see it in the avatar IFF:
1) i cover the white spot (dorsal to the nose, caudal to the forehead... still not sure what that is) with my thumb
2) i stop thinking that the stripes from the whiskers look like teeth (or jail-cell bars)
3) i believe that the eye is white

i would like to thank DVMorBust, twelvetigers, and everyone else who supported me along the way. you never gave up on me, even when i'd given up on myself.

Yeah, the spot behind the nose really fuddles the image, so I took it away since, while I don't know what it is, I'm 99% sure it's not part of the dog.

I'm glad I've led you away from the scary horse x-ray and into the light of dog.

Anyone else need savin'?

thank you for posting that picture!! i have been looking at it forever trying to see what you guys see!

So, twelvetigers, any way you can use your powers of perception-changing to illustrate the horse? I just don't see it.

Not so much, since it's NOT a horse, but the key seems to be seeing the ear as an eye, and the ridge of shine down the far side of his nose as the middle section of a horses's nose... and the muzzle as teeth. I can sort of see it, but since I thought it was a dog in the first place, not that well.

Last edited:
Chris is my nickname. I have an obsession with the number 3. If I had it my way I would have had 333 (or three 3s) but after fighting to make a combo with three 3s, I had to add the fourth.

My avatar is my cat Nara (short for Naranja or "orange" in spanish...so I named my orange cat orange also).

Have you heard the joke about the bird named moses?

A burglar broke into a house one night. He shined his flashlight around, looking for valuables, and when he picked up a CD player to place in his pack, a strange, disembodied voice echoed from the dark saying, "Jesus is watching you."

He nearly jumped out of his skin, clicked his flashlight out, and froze. When he heard nothing more after a bit, he shook his head, promised himself a vacation after the next big score, then clicked the light on and began searching for more valuables. Just as he pulled the stereo out so he could disconnect the wires, clear as a bell he heard,

"Jesus is watching you." Freaked out, he shone his light around frantically, looking for the source of the voice. Finally, in the corner of the room, his flashlight beam came to rest on a parrot. "Did you say that?", he hissed at the parrot.

"Yep," the parrot confessed, then squawked, "I'm just trying to warn you."

The burglar relaxed. "Warn me, huh? Who in the world are you?"

"Moses," replied the bird.

"Moses?" the burglar laughed. "What kind of people would name a birdMoses?"

"The kind of people that would name a Rottweiller Jesus."

:laugh:, I gotta good laugh from this, thanks for posting!

I always thought PAThbrd was pathology and birds too, that's why the pic of the german shepherd always confused me.. hehe...

Mine is pretty self explanatory: Neoformans as in Cryptococcus neoformans, I actually work with C. gattii, but Gattii just sounded too "spacy" to me. And the picture is C. neoformans stained with Calcofluor white. How geeky am I?

my name is pretty boring as well. It's just the screen name I've had since 8th grade. The pic is of my favorite zoo animal ever named Moe. This summer I worked with him and hand feeding him daily was the best part of my day. I love sloths.

Bumped because of twelvetigers awesome idea of asking about avatars/user names again!!

My avatar is a picture of my cat jumping in the air to catch a ribbon. My name is just a screen name that i have had since i was a kid and my first cat was named sylvester so i chose a black cat screen name but using Kat instead because that was my old nickname. 3 is my lucky number.

kinda lame lol but what about everyone else?

I'm really glad somone bumped this thread because I was 100% convinced that DMVorBust's avatar was a horse x-ray....still can barely see the dog. Weird :p

As for me HandD42 stands for Horses and Dinosaurs, the two things I love most in the world and 42 is the number of Mulder's apartment from the X-files, I was a big neird back then (still am) and picked it as my signature number.

My current avatar is Steffen Peters riding Ravel in the World Cup dressage comp in Las Vegas last year...he is the Bomb!

See youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y-vQR0lcKA

I change my avatar a lot but it will always be horse related.

I'm sure this comes as no surprise but my name is from Seinfeld's
J. Peterman. And 13 was my number in water polo which has kind of stuck with me since HS. I would put a pick of my dogs up but I can't choose one, I's feel bad if I left one out :)...so I chose a panda bear for my avatar because I like pandas

I'm sure this comes as no surprise but my name is from Seinfeld's
J. Peterman. And 13 was my number in water polo which has kind of stuck with me since HS. I would put a pick of my dogs up but I can't choose one, I's feel bad if I left one out :)...so I chose a panda bear for my avatar because I like pandas

OYAAA i was wondering why jpeterman sounded so familiar to me! lol

My username isn't really special - just the name I typically use online. I don't have an avatar picture (I'm lazy and haven't quite figured it out), but one of my friends likes to send me animal pictures, so I'd probably use those because they're cute.

I switched my avatar to Bruce Springsteen's first album cover, a postcard from Asbury Park NJ. He is like a God here!!!:D

Well my name has a little bit of story. her about the quirky things that I did at Anime Conventions. Im a cosplayer and I seel doujins and stuff. She always found that bit of amusing. But as lame as it sounds, Ive been in the fandom for 17 years...I have a feeling Im going to be rambling on about some episode of one of the most recent series with one of my client's kids ten years from now. And yes I will still go to cons after vet school and yes I will still cosplay. Oh the avatar is Kirara from Inuyasha. I dont know how I ended up with her especially since I hate that show but never gotten around to making a new avatar for myself...I dont have Photoshop anymore. ;-;

My name reflects that I am Hopeful (for vet school), and I am an Aggie.

My avatar is one of the logos for Texas A&M (my undergrad) which is donning a sporty santa hat.

As for me HandD42 stands for Horses and Dinosaurs, the two things I love most in the world and 42 is the number of Mulder's apartment from the X-files, I was a big neird back then (still am) and picked it as my signature number.

Oooooh...I thought it was Hand-dee, like saying you were 'handy'. Dinosaurs are much cooler though.

My avatar now is Sidney Crosby holding up the Stanley Cup after the Penguins won it last season. I love hockey pretty much more than anything in the world, and am originally from Pittsburgh.

And I'm a playmaker like Sid, too!

Elliepants is my rescue mutt's nickname.

The avatar is a Dairy Queen ice cream cake that my rather fantastic boyfriend surprised me with in honor of the 150th anniversary of "On the Origin of Species".

Also, we really love ice cream cake. Any excuse, really... the people at DQ think we're a little wonky ("I'd like a cake with the words 'Happy 150th, Chuck!'").

My avatar now is Sidney Crosby holding up the Stanley Cup after the Penguins won it last season. I love hockey pretty much more than anything in the world, and am originally from Pittsburgh.

And I'm a playmaker like Sid, too!

yayy for hockey! i was so happy when my caps jersey came in this year. we did a bulk order and i got my for 45$!!! (orig 90$) I'll be going to a caps game in a couple weeks. i dont have tix to a penguins one, but i am going to the rangers game in march!!

My name is a mix of the nicknames of my three dogs. I would have used their real names but they wanted to remain anonymous.;)

My picture is a meerkat. I love meerkats! My coach in college gave me the National Geographic that featured the complexities of the social network of meerkats. He told me that he read the article and thought of me because I was a great team player and was the glue that held the team together. I was flattered!

My avatar name:
Ricki
Annie
Cara
Cate
Casey
Jim
Luke
Molly

Take the first letters and you get racccjlm
Ricki is my dog, and the other seven are my raccoon babies that I raised (they're now roaming free in British Columbia!).
The picture is of Cara when she was 4 weeks old

Luplodw is my username for school.... first 4 letters of my last name followed by the first letter of my first name then my middle name.

My avatar is a picture of a lion that I took in South Africa one summer

Gemma was the name of the first mama cat I ever fostered. She had five kittens, but because she came from an animal shelter she ended up having a URI. She didn't have FIV or FeLV but her health deteriorated quickly. She was given B12 shots every day, hooked up to an IV for fluids every day, and was given nutrical to give her whatever energy she could be given. Before her, I said I would never PTS an animal... but she got to a point where she wouldn't stand up anymore. She urinated and defecated on herself for her last two days of life. I made the decision that it was more humane to PTS her than to watch her suffer through her last days of life... one of the hardest decisions I had ever made up to that point.

As for Gemma's kittens, I handfed all five from the time they were 1 week old because Gemma stopped producing milk. They were all adopted out two sleepless months later; but before Gemma, I had no idea what I wanted to do as a career. My experience with her made me want to be a vet; I wanted to help her, but I didn't know how. I've fostered over 80 mama cats/kittens and orphaned kittens since her.

As for my picture, it's my St. Bernard when he was 4 months old, posing for the camera. :love:

yayy for hockey! i was so happy when my caps jersey came in this year. we did a bulk order and i got my for 45$!!! (orig 90$) I'll be going to a caps game in a couple weeks. i dont have tix to a penguins one, but i am going to the rangers game in march!!

Yeah, I went to the Pens-Sharks game over in San Jose (it was not pretty...) and will be going to the Pens-Sabres game in Buffalo in 2 weeks. Hopefully that one turns out better for us. :laugh:

Sorry about Ovie's injury, I hate to see good players getting injured even if they are players I don't like. ;)

Except the Red Wings. They can all get injured.

DVMorBust...I have only been able to see the dog chomping on the red toy. I still can not see the horse x-ray no matter how hard I try.

Skillet...Journey is AWESOME. Don't Stop Believing is one of the best songs ever!!!

My username is self-explanatory. The picture is of my hamster Chubbs...I have had her for a year now. Her fur has changed to almost completely white....I am not sure why...she is a white winter dwarf hamster and they turn white in the winter, but she never changed back. Her sister that I got at the same time barely turned white and immediately turned back to gray. I just love that picture of her because of her huge fat cheeks and the look on her face. I should get a more recent picture of her...she has gotten really fat (her cheeks are huge)... I was wondering how can I put the hamster on a diet? :confused:

I like this thread it is interesting to see where everyone's names came from and what their pictures are of.

Sorry about Ovie's injury, I hate to see good players getting injured even if they are players I don't like. ;)

argg, I KNOW!! my jersey is for ovechkin and i havent been to a game this season where he has played LOL i hope he is back on for the 22nd match