PreOptMegs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2005
Status
I was wondering if anyone here got a decent ACT score, but did fairly well on the OAT.

Ning

Ning
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2005
Berkeley, Ca
Status
  1. Optometry Student
Hi,

Most schools don't even ask for your ACT scores. But in the case of MCO, they did. And like you, I had a low ACT score but a 340 OAT AA and 360 OAT TS. They asked me about my low ACT score and I just told them I hadn't studied for it and standardized tests weren't my forte.
So I wouldn't worry too much about it. The ACTs don't measure what you learned in college and don't relate much to optometry, but the OATs do.

Ning-Ju

PreOptMegs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2005
Status
Ning said:
Hi,

Most schools don't even ask for your ACT scores. But in the case of MCO, they did. And like you, I had a low ACT score but a 340 OAT AA and 360 OAT TS. They asked me about my low ACT score and I just told them I hadn't studied for it and standardized tests weren't my forte.
So I wouldn't worry too much about it. The ACTs don't measure what you learned in college and don't relate much to optometry, but the OATs do.

Ning-Ju

Thank you for your input... It gives me some peace of mind because I am doing really well in undergrad right now and working my tail off, so I am sure I will do well enough on the OAT. If you don't mind me asking, what did you get on the ACT? You schooled the OAT!!! Congrats

stevec

SCO Cl2009
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2005
Memphis
Status
  1. Optometry Student
I got in to SCO and UAB, and I don't even know what an ACT is exactly. :confused:

Isn't that something people take in highschool? I may be thinking of something else.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads