average DAT and high GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nn124as

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
which schools should I apply to with overall GPA 3.79, science GPA 3.9. And DAT AA 19, TS 19, PAT 21?

My list so far is
Tufts
BU
University of Colorado
University of Florida
Indiana University
LSU
Missouri
Ohio
NYU
Penn
and all texas schools

Which schools do you think I have the best chance?
thank you

Members don't see this ad.

which schools should I apply to with overall GPA 3.79, science GPA 3.9. And DAT AA 19, TS 19, PAT 21?

My list so far is
Tufts
BU
University of Colorado
University of Florida
Indiana University
LSU
Missouri
Ohio
NYU
Penn
and all texas schools

thank you

What's your resident state? LSU only takes a few people from out of state and they are mainly from texas/arkansas

My list so far is
Tufts
BU
University of Colorado
University of Florida
Indiana University
LSU
Missouri
Ohio
NYU
Penn
and all texas schools

thank you

NYU, BU, Tufts. Maybe a Texas school if you're a resident there. Definitely not Texas if you aren't a resident. None of the state schools really if you're not a resident. Why did you choose so many random public state schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
yes I'm from Texas.
I chose those schools because their stats seems to match mine. And I also have relatives in Penn and Ohio state. But my number 1 choice is Tufts.
Thank you for helping :)

yes I'm from Texas.
I chose those schools because their stats seems to match mine. And I also have relatives in Penn and Ohio state. But my number 1 choice is Tufts.

I would expect to see at least a few acceptances with your stats... start preparing for interviews :thumbup:

Reactions: 1 user
You have some real nice states there. You will def. get some interview invites for sure. Now all that matters is when you submit your application. Also, where are you resident at? If there is a dental school there then you have a high chance getting accepted over there. Best of luck for ya.

Missouri only takes people from like 5 states, so if you are not from one of those states, be careful. If you are, then good luck!

yes I'm from Texas.

Just because you have relatives in the state doesn't mean you should apply there. Several of your schools such as Colorado, Missouri, Ohio, Florida, etc. only take a handful out of state people a year and some of those are from surrounding states. I wouldn't hold your breath on them.

Also, don't want to be bubble breaker, but I don't think you'll get into Penn with a 19/19/21. Most people getting into Penn seem to have 20+ from what I've seen.

thanks a lot guys, I will keep that in mind. Because I don't want waste time and money.

thanks a lot guys, I will keep that in mind. Because I don't want waste time and money.

Have you not submitted your application yet? If not, take a couple of those state schools off your list because it will be a waste of time and money.

I'm submitting later today or tomorrow. And yes, I think I should do that. Do you have any schools recommend?

My list so far is
Tufts
BU
University of Colorado
University of Florida
Indiana University
LSU
Missouri
Ohio
NYU
Penn
and all texas schools

thank you

Realistically, your best chances are at one of the Texas schools since you are a Texas resident. With your stats, as long as you are not a social lepper, you should have a very good chance of getting in. But if you are insistent on applying to a bunch of OOS places, then I would probably add Oklahoma to that list.

My list so far is
Tufts
BU
University of Colorado
University of Florida
Indiana University
LSU
Missouri
Ohio
NYU
Penn
and all texas schools

thank you

Do you know if Texas is part of the RIDE program? I'm pretty sure Colorado only accepts RIDE state residents. Perhaps add a couple private schools in lieu of U of Co and LSU. Just a thought

Thank you guys,
I really appreciate it.