Average Grade at Community College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CAP20

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! My sgpa is ~3.2 and my cgpa ~3.4, I got a B- in my physics 1 class at my home university and I just got a B in my physics 2 class at a community college, will schools look negatively at that/ will it have a bad impact?

Members don't see this ad.

Personally I think you should be getting As on all community college courses.

It could impact you negatively. But it's just speculation.

Hi guys! My sgpa is ~3.2 and my cgpa ~3.4, I got a B- in my physics 1 class at my home university and I just got a B in my physics 2 class at a community college, will schools look negatively at that/ will it have a bad impact?

IT might impact. Different schools have different perceptions about cc classes and credits. Some community college students I know have had great academic learning experiences and have done well enough to get into brand name schools. It's not always easy to do well in cc.

That said, people are biased and can make snap judgments. Make sure you don't take any more cc classes and get Bs. Also try to do well on your DATs. That will help alleviate these concerns.