1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Average grades to high MCAT?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Toejam, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Toejam

Toejam Terminal Student
    7+ Year Member

I took my pre-med pre-reqs a long time ago (10 years plus) and am, obviously, a little out of the physics/chem/bio loop. I did well in Bio, but I kind of punted on inorg. chem and org. chem (B's and C's). I also didn't grasp Physics very well (though I somehow managed and A and a B).

The question is can someone realistically do well on the MCAT (11's, 12's) if they didn't excel in the basic sciences? Can the Kaplan courses and Examcracker books bring you over the top??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. missbonnie

missbonnie floating
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Definately.

Here's my background:

bio (B-/C's) 1995/96
    did well on other prereqs, but they are also somewhat dated: chem in 1996, orgo & physics in 1997. I barely learned physics in college, sure I got an A, but I really did not understand it.

my april mcat score: 10v 12p 12b

Study hard and always believe you can do it!!

I took the examkrackers course and used all their books plus the cds.

-bonnie

4. Could you explain what are examkrackers? How are the Examkrackers different from PR? Also, where can I get examkrackers from?

Thanks!