Average Hours Per Week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

R9973

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hopefully everyone has an idea what I am talking about, but if not, ADDSAS will ask how many total hours and average weekly hours of your activities like shadowing and ECs.

For some of my activities, like shadowing an oral surgeon, I would go in for a couple of hours a day, but not shadow again for another month. Should I designate that I would spend 2 hours a week on average and then specify my total hours? Or should I do a true average and divide my time by the weeks?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say do whatever you feel is right and whatever does not change the real number of hours you shadowed/volunteered.

yea, just use your best judgement. i'd probably put the average hours/week on the weeks i was actually there. if you say you shadowed for 20 hours at 2 hours a week over 3 months they'll get the idea.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am reviving this threat to ask a similar question. I've been to 7 free dental clinics over the past several years and each time I signed up for 7 hours. Would I put 0 or 7 for average hours per week?