Step I Average improvement in NBMEs over dedicated study time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rlanders85

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just took NBME 7 and got 230. I'm 4 weeks out. You guys have any idea how much people typically improve during dedicated study time? Is 245+ realistic?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was right around 230 before dedicated time (actually before we took our last couple of units), to 250 on NBMEs 1.5 weeks out. For me it was that I hadn't reviewed a lot of the old stuff and once I had time to skim it again my NBME scores went up right away. Unfortunately I seemed to max out right around there and my later NBMEs were all in the upper 240s-lower 250s range pretty consistently no matter how many hours I put in. Still waiting for my Step 1 score but I am anticipating something hopefully between 230 and 250. Of course I am also panicking that I could have somehow failed it. Good luck!