Average lab and lecture grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SmallTownpharm

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone happen to know if grades you submit to a pharmacy school are averages of lab and lecture or if they are considered seperately? I'm nervous i may get a C- but I'll have an A in lab.​
 
Does anyone happen to know if grades you submit to a pharmacy school are averages of lab and lecture or if they are considered seperately? I'm nervous i may get a C- but I'll have an A in lab.​

You would probably have to ask the specific school, but generally, schools split them off into two separate courses. Also, it's quite common that lab averages are higher than lecture grades.

--Garfield3d
 
It depends - If you're at a CC, the grades are lumped together, from my experience. Universities, as Garfield mentioned, have separated sections and the lab is both worth less and usually has a higher grade than the lecture component.

The grades, will be inputted to PharmCAS as separated (Since the course codes + names are different for universities) so... probably not averaged.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UALR doesn't combine lab and lecture for Organic. You get a separate lab and lecture grade. However, unless you take it in the summer, I would bet that lab grades run much closer to lecture grades than at other schools. The "push-over" lab is nowhere to be found in UALR organic.
Nice to see another UALR student here.