Average Step scores for a specific program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zback

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any place where you can find the average step scores for accepted applicants in specific programs or for that matter just a specific specialty?

Members don't see this ad.

If you go to the residency directory on apgo.org you can find it. All programs don't answer that question and all programs don't keep their info updated, but you'll be able to find some of it.

If you go to the residency directory on apgo.org you can find it. All programs don't answer that question and all programs don't keep their info updated, but you'll be able to find some of it.
That is a great website, I wish some other fields had that kind of information available on the web.

Yeah, I realized after I posted that that site is only for OB programs. I've got tunnel vision :) I don't know if you can find it for other specialties.

I don't think IM programs post it. The charting outcomes in the Match thing has averages, but the average is going to vary a lot among different programs within a specialty (unless it's derm or something).

So how do you know how competitive you will be for a particular program?

So how do you know how competitive you will be for a particular program?

The higher your scores, the more competitive you'll be. Reading FA 2010, they list avg scores by specialties. It's way harder to list them by programs, anyone knows exactly how many programs exist in the US?

No, I don't recall when they tend to come out. You may be able to poke around the NRMP website and find the release dates for the 07 and 09 editions, or maybe someone else here can guess.

Good Call.

2006 NRMP: July
2007 NRMP: August
2009 NRMP: August

Hopefully august this year.