Average Step Scores for Peds?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tulip01

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey does anyone know what the average Step 1 and 2 scores are for peds at the more competitive programs? Anyone want to share their scores?
236/236

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have an answer to your question, the only one I have heard about is that Vandy's intern class' average is 245 for Step I. On a related note, I recently took Step 2 Clinical Skills. Some of the students there were saying that 9-10% of the people were failing. Like Mississippi State students said that 4-5 out of 50 have failed. Has anyone heard any other numbers? Those are awfully high fail rates for a test that costs $1000. 235/waiting

Southernpeds said:
I don't have an answer to your question, the only one I have heard about is that Vandy's intern class' average is 145 for Step I. On a related note, I recently took Step 2 Clinical Skills. Some of the students there were saying that 9-10% of the people were failing. Like Mississippi State students said that 4-5 out of 50 have failed. Has anyone heard any other numbers? Those are awfully high fail rates for a test that costs $1000. 235/waiting

I heard of a few people at my school are failing too. I think it's a crooked system. Is it really necessary to charge is that much to see if we can speak english and wash our hands?

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe Step 2 CS is curved so a certain percentage of students HAVE to fail. And these people will become the justification for the continuation of this nonsense. Reminds me of circular logic.

My scores were 217/245

Step II CS scheduled for May 11th....I better not fail b/c I am WAY too poor to sign up to take it again :laugh:

Several people at my school have failed also and not necessarily the people I would have expected.

Step 1 - 185
Step 2 - 203 (second attempt)
Step 2 CS - Pass

tulip01 said:
Hey does anyone know what the average Step 1 and 2 scores are for peds at the more competitive programs? Anyone want to share their scores?
236/236

If you pass, you can get a Peds spot.