Average time it takes from graduation to becoming a licensed pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RealRX

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, just wondering how long it usually takes from the time one graduate from pharmacy to becoming a pharmacist. Do you guys think taking the NAPLEX and law in July late into the process?

Members don't see this ad.

it will vary depending on how quickly you get your ATT and availability of the pearson vue testing centers near you. Depending on how quickly you want to be licensed, once you get your ATT, you could drive far to take the exam next day if you wanted.

Typically though...1-3 months

Members don't see this ad :)
I graduated may 9th and my license posted June 22nd. From talking with others I was a bit quicker than normal.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Graduated may 10th licensed June 6th, boom.
(time is money)

Reactions: 1 users
From my experience, most people it takes 1-3 months or so. I'm still waiting on getting my ATT. I registered a few days after graduation.

3 months for me. Moved to CA from NY. Was a broke student with crappy car at that time.

1-3 months sounds about right. I took 2.5 months.

One neat trick to get licensed faster is to check the test appointment website frequently, like several times a day. Other people often chicken out and reschedule their test, so you can find open slots in the next day or two.

Reactions: 1 user
Graduated May 9th, took my MPJE late July and took the Naplex early August didnt get my license till Mid August. So yeah on average 2-3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app