Average Veterinary Technician debt?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

spicykimchi

Inactive
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm writing an essay comparing and contrasting veterinarians with veterinary technicians and something I wanted to contrast was the debt. Does anybody know where I can find statistics on the average debt a vet tech graduates with?
 
Our local, new program seems to be about $9,000.
http://www.blinn.edu/twe/brochures/2666-VetTech-brochure.pdf

Second page, bottom left corner. But that's not including living expenses.

Same for Tomball and McClennan... around $10 K

I think they are also going off of the community college's general tuition... but I couldn't really determine that. Both of the programs webpages didn't have a tuition page that I could see other than the CC's general tuition and fees page. They also estimated the tuition at about 1500-2000, while the rest was books, room/board, etc... estimates.