Avg score?

Started by cys19
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cys19

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What the hell...I got a 79% w/o background knowledge of any organic chemistry or biology II. How's that possible? I coulda sworn I missed about half of biology and 2/5 of the chemistry section (because of organic...how the heck would I know how to name a ring structure?). Hmm...I guess a 79% is avg for someone who still knows just as much as he did in high school. Can I get into a pharmacy school with that score?
 
cys19 said:
What the hell...I got a 79% w/o background knowledge of any organic chemistry or biology II. How's that possible? I coulda sworn I missed about half of biology and 2/5 of the chemistry section (because of organic...how the heck would I know how to name a ring structure?). Hmm...I guess a 79% is avg for someone who still knows just as much as he did in high school. Can I get into a pharmacy school with that score?

Congrats on 79.. not a bad score atll...
i guess... you are a lucky guesser!

Can you get into a pharmacy school with that score?
depends on wht schoo you talking abt and lots of other stuff like GPA.. xperience.....
 
cys19 said:
What the hell...I got a 79% w/o background knowledge of any organic chemistry or biology II. How's that possible? I coulda sworn I missed about half of biology and 2/5 of the chemistry section (because of organic...how the heck would I know how to name a ring structure?). Hmm...I guess a 79% is avg for someone who still knows just as much as he did in high school. Can I get into a pharmacy school with that score?

The test itself isn't that hard. A little reasoning can go a long way, even without prerequisite knowledge 🙂
Oh, and for future knowledge: ring compounds are cyclic structures. Cyclohexane is one structure you will become intimately familiar with in the future (C6H12).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
evilolive said:
The test itself isn't that hard. A little reasoning can go a long way, even without prerequisite knowledge 🙂
Oh, and for future knowledge: ring compounds are cyclic structures. Cyclohexane is one structure you will become intimately familiar with in the future (C6H12).
And the ever popular Benzene ring.

There was a girl in the prepharmacy forum who said shegot in off a waitlist with a 64% so you might have chance. I say take it again once you have the knowledge and really secure your spot. I took it without really studying and go an 89% the first go around, I wanted to retake it but I got my acceptance letter before I did.