avoiding a mis-Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vitaliano333

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello:

I have a question on interview etiquette. Hopefully somebody can help me out. I was wondering how long can you wait, after receiving an interview invitation, to schedule it? Would 1 month be considered too long. And if you do need some time before scheduling, should you contact the program and tell them this? Or is it ok to just wait 'til you're ready to schedule before you contact the program? Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I would let the program know that you were interested in interviewing, however because... [insert reason here] ... you will not be able to schedule an interview yet.

I had programs tell me that their interview days were getting filled up quickly and that I needed to act hastily to secure an interview spot. (of course that could have been bs)

Mindy

I would just schedule it. I do hear that interview dates can get filled up pretty quickly, especially since there's probably dates that are more desirable than others.