Away Elective at MEEI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

helpfulstranger

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone had any recent experience with an away elective at MEEI? If so, please do share.

Thanks,

HS

Members don't see this ad.

I had a friend whose very personable and competitive that matched to a top 10-20 who didn't even get invited for an interview there. He even published while there. I think he enjoyed his time there, but he seemed to think that maybe he didn't work with an "influential" enough person AKA on the adcom.

Maybe someone else can offer more insight.

wondering about this too. Seems like MEEI only matches people from Ivy League med schools. Anyone know if an away makes a difference for those of us NOT at ivy leagues?

Members don't see this ad :)
A friend of mine matched there this year and that's not true. This year's class includes students from Harvard, Yale, Columbia, U Cincinnati, UConn, and Northwestern.

A friend of mine matched there this year and that's not true. This year's class includes students from Harvard, Yale, Columbia, U Cincinnati, UConn, and Northwestern.

That's really awesome to hear. The profiles of the current residents are pretty discouraging to look at