Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Away Elective during Internship?

Discussion in 'General Residency Issues' started by EasyRider, Apr 9, 2007.

1. EasyRider

EasyRider I FEEL A NEED 4 SPEED

The program that I have been matched to is offering a one month away elective at any place in the U.S. Is there a website that provides information on which programs accepts an "away" intern for one month?

Has anyone else done an away elective during residency? Any help would be deeply appreciated.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. estem

is it worth the hassle? are there any states that are welcoming? any places to stay away from?

4. Rogue_Leader

Rogue_Leader Silent Sentinel

Resident [Any Field]
    Why do you want to do an away rotation? It's one thing if there's a specific thing you want to do that's only offered at a specific location (Like an infectious disease clinic on the Mexican border), but I don't think there's any benefit to doing an some random away elective just for the hell of it.

5. roja

Attending Physician
    There are plenty of reasons to do away rotations.

I did one in Miami. Figure out what 'subject' in your field you want to do one in. Also, talk to the residents in your program.