Away Elective - Letter of Intent

Started by jstuds_66
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jstuds_66

Free cat to a good home
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody have any ideas of how to structure one of these? Here's what I can think of so far:

"You have a fellowship program that I eventually want to get into. There are very few of these fellowships available, and you are one of the few institutions that has one. I believe my best chance at getting into this fellowship is by doing a residency at your institution. I believe the best chance at getting into residency at your program is by doing a visiting rotation in your department. Please accept me."

Seriously, any ideas what they are looking for? I don't want to only be blowing air up their skirts.... Thanks for any help.
 
Bump. Currently in the same boat. Trying to put together a LOI for an away elective in EM. Not sure how long or wordy it needs to be. I feel like I'm writing a personal statement 🙁
 
Managed to find this:


1) A letter of intent describing
a. your interest in performing a [specialty] Sub-internship
b. your links to the [location]
c. your interest in the [University's residency program]