away electives!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peachy1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Help! I can't seem to get any away electives for the beginning of the summer. My school doesn't have an ophtho department, so I'm on my own. Every school I contact has restrictions for visiting students, and fill with their own students first. Now, it's getting too late. What can I do?! I'm starting to panic! :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Where are you located? What are your choices for aways? You have probably been looking at only a few programs. I have rotated through most places in So Cal, and non of them had any restrictions for externs. You can set up an externship at Doheny beginnig Jan 1st or so and UCLA starts reviewing applications June 1st. You can PM me if you want more info on these and some other ones. Good luck.

We take a lot of students contact my school's department. We've had six students at a time, it's a big department, so it can handle a lot of students. UT Southwestern. PM me I'll give you our education coordinators name.